[ast-developers] kill -l and SIGINFO on Darwin
Terrence J. Doyle
2014-12-24 15:53:09 UTC
When I enter kill -l in ksh-20140929, Darwin's SIGINFO signal is
displayed as SIG29. This is one on those problems I recently found in
ksh-20120612 and was hoping would be fixed in ksh-20140929. As the
following illustrates /bin/kill and the other shells display SIGINFO
properly:

$ kill -l
HUP
INT
QUIT
ILL
TRAP
IOT
EMT
FPE
KILL
BUS
SEGV
SYS
PIPE
ALRM
TERM
URG
STOP
TSTP
CONT
CHLD
TTIN
TTOU
IO
XCPU
XFSZ
VTALRM
PROF
WINCH
SIG29
USR1
USR2
$ bash -c 'kill -l'
1) SIGHUP 2) SIGINT 3) SIGQUIT 4) SIGILL 5) SIGTRAP
6) SIGABRT 7) SIGEMT 8) SIGFPE 9) SIGKILL 10) SIGBUS
11) SIGSEGV 12) SIGSYS 13) SIGPIPE 14) SIGALRM 15) SIGTERM
16) SIGURG 17) SIGSTOP 18) SIGTSTP 19) SIGCONT 20) SIGCHLD
21) SIGTTIN 22) SIGTTOU 23) SIGIO 24) SIGXCPU 25) SIGXFSZ
26) SIGVTALRM 27) SIGPROF 28) SIGWINCH 29) SIGINFO 30) SIGUSR1
31) SIGUSR2
$ zsh -c 'kill -l'
HUP INT QUIT ILL TRAP ABRT EMT FPE KILL BUS SEGV SYS PIPE ALRM TERM URG
STOP TSTP CONT CHLD TTIN TTOU IO XCPU XFSZ VTALRM PROF WINCH INFO USR1 USR2
$ /bin/kill -l
hup int quit ill trap abrt emt fpe kill bus segv sys pipe alrm term urg
stop tstp cont chld ttin ttou io xcpu xfsz vtalrm prof winch info usr1 usr2
$

I took a stab at fixing it, and I think I got it. It's displaying
properly with my fix, anyway. The fix is attached in signals.c.diff. I'm
not sure that SIGIGNORE should be the second argument to VAL, but it
seems reasonable.

Terrence Doyle