[ast-developers] Should we remove a bunch of compile time `-D` flags?
Kurtis Rader
2017-12-09 03:18:25 UTC
Please take a look at https://github.com/att/ast/issues/210 and provide
feedback either there or in reply to this message. This is the opening
comment of that issue:

I've started working on restyling the ksh source. It's amazing how many #if
SOMETHING pragmas there are and how much harder it makes to read the code.
Since many of them are always defined (see ksh93_c_args in
*src/cmd/ksh93/meson.build*) I propose we simply drop those symbols and
removing the #if pragmas that reference them. It's possible a couple of
them should remain so people could, theoretically, build a ksh without the
feature. But it looks to me like most of them should always be enabled.
--
Kurtis Rader