[ast-developers] More documentation clean-up
Terrence J. Doyle
2015-01-30 08:04:32 UTC
Here's some more documentation clean-up for ksh-20140929. First, in
the attached builtin.c.diff are a couple of corrections to the read
built-in. In the description of read's -C option I figure the statement:

... Equivalent to -aksh.

Should actually be:

... Equivalent to -mksh.

It just makes more sense that way. Then, in the description of the -N
option I eliminated the stray "n" in the statement:

Read exactly ncount characters. ... .

So that it now reads:

Read exactly count characters. ... .

Since I had already made changes to src/cmd/ksh93/data/builtin.c, I
decided to add a missing space character I happened to see in the
documentation for the kill built-in. It's minor, but like I said I had
already made changes to builtin.c, so why not?

The attached builtin.c.diff is a cumulative patch that includes the
patch I sent a while back in
http://lists.research.att.com/pipermail/ast-users/2014q4/004691.html.

Second, the documentation for the complete/compgen built-ins is kind
of messy. I think I made the correct changes. Some were obvious. But, I
have to admit I made a couple of outright guesses. The changes are
attached in pcomplete.c.diff. I won't go through all the changes here,
but the patch should probably be scrutinized to make sure the changes I
made are alright.

Terrence Doyle