[ast-developers] Segfault on unsetting function while it's running
Martijn Dekker
2015-05-24 22:02:51 UTC

I'm joining to post a bug report.

The following makes ksh segfault reliably. The --version output is
"93u+ 2012-08-01"; I'm using the latest Mac OS X "2012-08-06 BASE"
static executable release downloaded directly from AT&T.

testfn() {
unset -f testfn
echo test
}
testfn

Got: segfault.

Expected: should output "test". I would expect an unset function to
continue running until it terminates, as other shells (including earlier
versions of ksh93) do. In any case it should not be possible to make the
shell segfault.

Hope this helps,

Martijn Dekker (Groningen, Netherlands)
Terrence J. Doyle